Disclaimer – this may seem obvious to the majority but its surprising the number of people who weren’t aware of some of the points made below.
My chemical pollution concerns in Daily Shower & personal care routine:
- Skin is our biggest organ; alot of surface area through which we can absorb these potential chemicals
- exposure via multiple fronts: deodorant, shower gels, antibacterial soaps, shaving cream, hair mousse, toothpaste, cologne, body creams
- for the Ladies – add hair dyeing, manicures, cosmetics and makeup to the above list!
- Solution: Organic Towels, personal natural care products for Women, Clean Care
My chemical pollution concerns In the bedroom:
- off gassing volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from fire retardant chemicals in mattress and their foundations
- chemical concoction present lubricants and condoms that go on your very private parts
- Solution: Organic Bedroom
My chemical pollution concern in Any room:
– paint & flooring – biggest offenders for indoor pollution
My chemical pollution concern in the kitchen:
- the non-stick coating via non-degrading teflon
- endocrine mimicking BPA lined food containers
- triclosan containing ‘anti-bacterial’ soaps
- Tap Water – with all the pharmaceutical drugs, pesticides entering the water tablet, should I be boiling my water?
- Solution: Natural Kitchen, DIY water testing kits
My chemical pollution concerns about my wardrobe:
- Esp for baby’s, alot of US based clothing requires fire retardant which most retailers achieve via fire retardant chemicals, which have been shown to be carcinogenic.
- These regulations were put in place when people were falling asleep in bed while smoking in bed.
- Times have changed, yet people are still exposing their young ones unknowingly to these harmful substances.
- Wrinkle-free = use of formaldehyde, another known carcinogen
- Solution: Natural Women, Organic Baby, Organic Kids, Natural Men Clothing
Natural cosmetics products for Women
Natural body products for Women
Clean Care seal cosmetic and personal care products for Women
How to deal with mattress VOC offgassing
Everything you should know about organic lubricants
Report on pharmaceuticals in water
Dirty Dozen fruits and vegetables according to EWG
FDA report on triclosan benefits to consumers
Join the community and Help change the world with Organic Lifestyle